The Chicken-Kale Soup Sitch I’m Obsessing Over
I, YuiMsYui, have a new addiction; thankfully it's a healthy one. My friend Lavender (yes I know fab name and it's legit her name) introduced me to this soup created by The Food Babe. It’s a cult classic and now it has been incorporated into my recipe routine. As with anything there is always a bit of editing going on, so I’ve tweaked it to suit my palate, clearly obsessed and obvi want to share with you all. Click here for the OG recipe!
Before I get to the recipe I just want to remind people of the amazingness that is bone broth. Bone broth is the main ingredient of this recipe and it is not only nutritious but legit my secret vanity elixir. FYI, I'm going to brag for a second:
For the past few weeks everyone has been telling me I’m just glowing. They’ve said you usually have a nice glow but something is just different. I too have noticed the difference. Literally been looking in the mirror being like “Damn, my skin is popping!”. There are many things I do that could contribute to this but it's been a crazy noticeable difference recently. It took me a minute and then I was like OMG it's the soup! For the past few weeks I have been so obsessed with this soup; like it's been my main lunch from Monday to Friday each week. The power on bone broth is insane! Besides all the vitamins & minerals we get from bone broth we’re also here for the collagen. Collagen improves hydration & elasticity of your skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles as well. Win-win!
Ok I’m not going to write a novel this time. Below is the OG recipe with some tweeks. I’m for a ridiculous amount of vegetables and I traded the turkey for ground chicken. I hope you guys love it and please let me know if you try it!
Chicken & Kale Soup
- 500g organic lean ground chicken
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cups of kale lightly packed & chopped
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- In a large pot add 1 tbsp of Avocado oil and brown the ground chicken until it is partially cooked
- Then add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, italian seasoning, red chili flakes & salt. cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the water & broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer for 5 more minutes.